Stay Safe from COVID-19 At The Pump
Mar 30th 2020
We at GasDevs.com hope you and your loved ones are and remain safe.
In keeping with the crucial service the fuel and retail industries provide to the population, we want to help you make sure Gas Dispensers are not a vector for spreading this disease.
Following are the latest guidelines provided by the CDC and backed by Gilbarco-Veeder Root in keeping your dispensers free from the virus and in full working order to continue serving the community in this unprecedented time.
You can also download a printable copy of this guidelines and print it for your customers to observe.
As always, we appreciate your giving us the opportunity to serve your needs when it comes to parts and equipment for your business and your source of income.
We will overcome this and we all be better for it. Stay safe and healthy.
Download Printable Guidelines Here...
Guidelines For Retailers
We suggest using these two methods, as recommended by the CDC.
- Preferred Method: Clean the dispenser with soap and water and disinfect by wiping 70% isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) on the dispenser.
- Do not spray it on, make sure to leave it on for at least 20 seconds and then rinse with water using a bucket and a sponge – never use a pressure washer or sprayer.
- Alternate Method (If preferred method above is not possible): Clean the dispenser with soap and water and disinfect by wiping a bleach solution (directions below) on the dispenser.
- Do not spray it on, then rinse with water using a bucket and a sponge – never use a pressure washer or sprayer.
Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
• 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
• 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
• If the bleach to water ratio is greater than this, damage to the dispenser may occur
Other cleaning considerations for retailers:
• Do not use fuels or acetone or other types of alcohol (such as ethanol).
• Do not use any cleaner or polish with a citrus element.
• Do not use cleaners containing ammonia, sodium hydroxide or acids. Things like glass cleaner
contains ammonia and will cause damage to dispensers.
• Do not use strong solvents.
• Do not spray any cleaner or water into the card reader, receipt printer, cash acceptor or displays.
- If possible, wipe the nozzle handle, buttons and keypads with a sanitizing cloth.
- During the pandemic, wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If this isn’t possible, use hand sanitizer after operating a gas pump.